INFO HELP: Russian Orloffs 4 Sale?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Gresh, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Gresh

Gresh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hey all. I am a total Russian Orloff enthusiast and am looking for hatcheries/breeders that sell these gorgeous chickens in small numbers at affordable costs and also ship to North Carolina. So far, I have come across Purely Poultry as the only hatchery that sells these birds in small numbers for a semi-affordable price. Although I'm confident that this hatchery sells purebred Orloffs, I would prefer a breeder since I have been told that professional breeders pay more attention to preserving the hardiest of lines.

I favor the Spangled Russian Orloff above all, but do not mind suggestions for the handful of other color varieties (i.e. Crele, White, Black, Cuckoo, BBR, etc.). If anyone can give me either hatchery suggestions or breeder referrals, I would appreciate it. I would want an absolute shipping maximum of fifteen chicks with a preferred amount of five.

BTW, suggestions for IDEAL Poultry will be appreciated but not heeded due to the fact that I have already had a bad experience with their Orloff chicks.

Thanks, and God bless! [​IMG]

2. Rosto

Rosto Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2010
    Welp sells Orloffs. There is an Orloff thread here too with several breeders. Right now I only have chicks. If they were laying I would be glad to send you some free eggs. Some of the other folks with flocks may can help you out.

3. FarmerJohn3285

FarmerJohn3285 County Line Farms

Nov 18, 2010
    Trenton, SC
    Here's a breeder local to me. I've bought some Light Sussex (greenfire Farms line) from him. Very nice guy. Saw this trio that's he's now selling. They are very pretty. Almost bought them myself, but I don't need another breed to keep up with! LOL

http://augusta.craigslist.org/grd/2450876180.html

ETA: I think he told me he wanted $40 for the trio.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by