1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Info on raising quail

Discussion in 'Quail' started by toejam, Jan 10, 2010.

1. toejam

toejam Never enough birds

Dec 21, 2009
    SW Ohio, Wilmington
    Hello, I am looking into getting quail. I have chickens, guineas,peafowl,ducks,and pheasants. I know you cant mix them. Other than thAT I know nothing. So can anyone please help me:rolleyes:

2. CARS

CARS Chillin' With My Peeps

3. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    They are really simple to raise and breed. The link above this thread is full of information.

I just started this spring with 6 bobwhites. Now I have 6 Bobwhites, 1 Mexican Speckled Bob, 9 Coturnix, 9 Button Quail (3 Colors,) 9 more Coturnix Chicks, and 11 little button quail chicks.

They ARE addictive... [​IMG]

4. toejam

Dec 21, 2009
    SW Ohio, Wilmington
    anyone else??

5. Kullas

Kullas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Ellijay Ga.
    Quote:this link is to the sticky at the top of the quail page it has just about everything ya could want to know about quail and one page up from that in the sticky is a quail pen page with alot of info and pics of peoples quail page

other than that they are easy to keep and dont make alot of noise nost of the time the incubate in 18 days and are egg machines most of them start laying in 6 to 8 weeks

6. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:this link is to the sticky at the top of the quail page it has just about everything ya could want to know about quail and one page up from that in the sticky is a quail pen page with alot of info and pics of peoples quail page

other than that they are easy to keep and dont make alot of noise nost of the time the incubate in 18 days and are egg machines most of them start laying in 6 to 8 weeks

Coturnix quail that is....

7. toejam

Dec 21, 2009
    SW Ohio, Wilmington
    :thumbsupWhere is some info if I don't want Coturnix.( I dont really care..... just asking [​IMG])

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by