Info on raising quail

toejam

Never enough birds
10 Years
Dec 21, 2009
SW Ohio, Wilmington
Hello, I am looking into getting quail. I have chickens, guineas,peafowl,ducks,and pheasants. I know you cant mix them. Other than thAT I know nothing. So can anyone please help me:rolleyes:

They are really simple to raise and breed. The link above this thread is full of information.

I just started this spring with 6 bobwhites. Now I have 6 Bobwhites, 1 Mexican Speckled Bob, 9 Coturnix, 9 Button Quail (3 Colors,) 9 more Coturnix Chicks, and 11 little button quail chicks.

They ARE addictive...
smile.png

Quote:
this link is to the sticky at the top of the quail page it has just about everything ya could want to know about quail and one page up from that in the sticky is a quail pen page with alot of info and pics of peoples quail page

other than that they are easy to keep and dont make alot of noise nost of the time the incubate in 18 days and are egg machines most of them start laying in 6 to 8 weeks

Quote:
this link is to the sticky at the top of the quail page it has just about everything ya could want to know about quail and one page up from that in the sticky is a quail pen page with alot of info and pics of peoples quail page

other than that they are easy to keep and dont make alot of noise nost of the time the incubate in 18 days and are egg machines most of them start laying in 6 to 8 weeks

Coturnix quail that is....

Back
Top Bottom