Info on silver laced wyanndotte

boykin2010

Crowing
12 Years
Sep 26, 2010
South Georgia
i am really confused on what the silver laced wyandottes eggs look like. i have never seen her in the box and i dont know what her eggs look like but i know she laying. can someone post a picture of your silver laced wyandotte egg. That would help me out a lot.

I don't have a picture but our Gold Laced Wyandotte lays a larger pale brown/tan egg.

All the Wyandottes lay these types, so that should include your Silver.

Have 5 SLW and they lay an off white/tan egg.

Odd thing regarding eggs: Have 3 BR's...one just began to lay...her egg is nothing like the other two...her eggs are long/narrow, very pale tan/off-white and all of her eggs have been large...no pullet eggs. The other two still lay the small brown pullet eggs after a month of laying.

I have two Wyandottes, silver laced and gold laced, and they both lay light brown to tan eggs, sometimes with a little speckling but mostly not. Hope that helps!

Not to hijack this thread but I am looking to replace my Isa browns with GLW or SLW next spring and was wondering if you are happy with this breed? I am looking for a breed that doesn't bully each other. Thanks!

Quote:
Eva and I agree we'll never have SLW's on our place again. They are grumpy, pick on the Buff Orps, and do not take well to being handled by us. I much prefer the Orpingtons and Australorps. The jury is still out on the three Welsumers as they have only been here six weeks and had a rough time of it before we got them.

Larry

Thanks for your opinion, Dirtsaver!! I looked at the breed chart and it said that this breed is docile but I'd much rather hear first hand accounts!

63546_first_half_dozen.jpg
here you go this is my first half dozen from my SLW Lacie May

63546_lacie_may.jpg

Back
Top Bottom