Info on this cross? *Pics included of the pullets/roos.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Moochie, May 14, 2011.

1. Moochie

Moochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2010
    North Edwards
    light sussex and barred rock pullet.
    i wanna know stuff... uhm eggs, size color whatever. i have 3 of these crosses, 2 came out crazy colored while one came out looking like daddy (light sussex). they all have have daddy's flesh colored legs.....
    so when hatching out mutts what things should i know if i were to home them?
    gimme the details of this cross [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Well, I think is should be a sex-link cross, right? Hens solid, roos barred? Could you post pics?
    As far as the cross, any cross will just be the product of it's parents. If the parents are laying stock, the babies will be good layers. These will lay brown eggs, probably very consistently. If you want to rehome mixes, just say they're mixes and show pics of the parents if you have them. Briefly tell what you know about the parent breeds--bred for eggs laying, docility, etc.

3. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    If both of the parent stock were/is pure then your offspring would be Sex-linked Roosters Barred Hens Black.

Chris

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  4. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    Both parents are docile duel purpose birds. Will lay very well and continue through winter.

5. Moochie

Nov 8, 2010
    North Edwards
    Ooh sounds like a good mutt! Hrmm, any health issues, how long they'll live?
    Here's some pictures. The pullets are like this "reverse" barred, as I like to call it, boys are reg. barred and the maybe pullet has the Light Sussex color.
    Pullet A.
    [​IMG]
    Pullet B.
    [​IMG]
    Maybe Pullet.
    [​IMG]
    The boys.
    [​IMG]
    the other boy looks the same except more black than white

6. Moochie

Nov 8, 2010