Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
UPDATE: Please read this post on the proper usage of this "informative" reaction:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/informative-reaction-yummy-data.1451414/post-24173500

With some great feedback from our community, about 3 months ago we added a new "reaction" called Informative:

1616016629096.png

NOTE: We want to encourage our members to continue to be mindful of how they use this reaction. Please only use it for cases where the post contains information that is relevant and helpful. If we find peeps abusing this reaction, we may have to take moderative action.

Now that we've had this "live" for a few months, I can run some interesting reports.

Here are the most "informative" posts in the past 90 days based on our member's reactions:

Last edited:
If anybody sees this reaction being blatantly abused, please click the "report" link on the post where it was abused, and we'll look into it and take action where needed to "remind" the user to be more careful about how they are using this great feature!

With some great feedback from our community, about 3 months ago we added a new "reaction" called Informative:

View attachment 2574139

NOTE: We want to encourage our members to continue to be mindful of how they use this reaction. Please only use it for cases where the post contains information that is relevant and helpful. If we find peeps abusing this reaction, we may have to take moderative action.

Now that we've had this "live" for a few months, I can run some interesting reports.

Here are the most "informative" posts in the past 90 days based on our member's reactions:

i was about to react to this as informative, is that abuse?:oops:

i was about to react to this as informative, is that abuse?:oops:
LOL, we're not THAT strict on the usage.

Mostly, we don't want to see people using it for reacting to replies / posts like: "Ya I did the same thing!" or "Purple is my favorite color" or "Here's a cute picture of my dog", etc.

Back
Top Bottom