Ingredients in Poultry Spice

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by rbbaker, Dec 18, 2008.

1. rbbaker

rbbaker New Egg

Dec 17, 2008
    Does anyone know of a source for "Poultry Spice" (or a comparable supplement) in the U.S. ? Or can someone in the UK provide a list of ingredients?

Many thanks

2. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

black pepper, coriander, sage, salt..

I dont know what else, I'm looking at my bottle and thats all it says on it.

Anyone else?

3. rbbaker

rbbaker New Egg

Dec 17, 2008
    Thanks, HennysMom for the quick reply. I think I should have explained a little bit more, though. I'm trying to find out about a mineral supplement called Poultry Spice used in the UK during winter/moulting. I can't seem to find out whether it or something like it is available in the U.S.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  4. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Minerals, Micronised Wheat, Powdered Ginger, Turmeric, Fenugreek and Aniseed.

Protein 5%, Oils and Fats 2%, Fibre 1%, Ash 66%, Calcium 24%, Iron 1.25%, Potassium 0.85% and Magnesium 0.3%.

5. rbbaker

rbbaker New Egg

Dec 17, 2008
    Thanks, Outtathebag!!! These spices sound really warming and sure to be appreciated by the girls in the cold weather; and I have all of these on hand.

6. illinichick

illinichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    SE Il
    I found this exchange very funny. Poor Hennysmom, Dont worry, I was thinking the same thing. I guess in different parts of the world Poultry Spice means different things.

7. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    [​IMG] Me too, I love sage for chicken, but to eat......

Cheri

8. Village Farm

Village Farm Out Of The Brooder

Quote:There is no such thing as a "warming" spice, if by that you mean one that actually increases heat production. If it causes a sensation of warmth by dilating skin capillaries, it will actually decrease body temperature by hastening heat loss.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by