Injectible b12 & Albon 5% oral suspension for turkey

yesterDAYNE

yurkey crazy
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Apr 27, 2017
Oklahoma
Hello. The other day I took my turkey to the vet for lethargy and not eating. He said she was in perfect health with no parasites and that sometimes they just feel bad, and gave her a shot of b12 and a shot of sulfamed 40. The next day my turkey pooped a lot of intestinal liner + pebbles, and then gradually gained her appetite back and is now filling her crop again.

Another one of my turkeys is having the same issue. I think she was sick before my other one, but this one isnt as friendly so I didnt recognize the signs as fast. Her appetite is low and she is a bit dehydrated but drinking. Her stool has pebbles in it as well. I gave her some nutridrench, but the vet was unable to get her in until tuesday.

I have injectable b12, but I dont have sulfamed 40. I do have Albon 5% Oral Suspension though, and was wondering if I could do that instead. If not I can try and get sulfamed shipped. I think it has the amount that they gave my other one on the receipt, Ill just have to find it when I get home. If the albon is fine as a substitute, what is the dosage for it and the b12 injectable taken orally? Thanks.

The dog and cat dosage for B12 is here:
https://www.drugs.com/vet/vitamin-b-12-1000-mcg-injection.html
I can’t find it for turkeys.

Thank you! I remember using injectable b12 orally for my goose when he got very sick. I might be able to find some oral b12 for poultry as well, Ill have to look

Edit: Oh thats right, it was injectable vitamin b complex that I used on my goose and that I have available, not just b12

Back
Top Bottom