Injured Baby chick wont eat

Sogigirl

In the Brooder
Aug 7, 2021
I have some wild chickens that I have been feeding for a few years and I rescued a one month old baby chick that had been attacked by another hen, its has an injured limp leg. I have been feeding it a little bit of raw scrambled egg in a syringe but it wont eat much and is refusing to eat or drink and just sleeping all day. I have it in a box with s light bulb that is keeping it warm enough. Im in Hawaii.

Any advice on what I can do for this baby? And if it does survive will I be able to givecit back to its mother once its leg is healed? Thank you in advance for any advice

I have some wild chickens that I have been feeding for a few years and I rescued a one month old baby chick that had been attacked by another hen, its has an injured limp leg. I have been feeding it a little bit of raw scrambled egg in a syringe but it wont eat much and is refusing to eat or drink and just sleeping all day. I have it in a box with s light bulb that is keeping it warm enough. Im in Hawaii.

Any advice on what I can do for this baby? And if it does survive will I be able to givecit back to its mother once its leg is healed? Thank you in advance for any advice
It might be hurt internally... Does anything it do seem abnormal other than eating? Other than the syringe for feeding, you can try to dip it's beak in the water to get it to drink.

Yes I was able to get it to drink a tiny bit of water that way but it seems like it is deteriorating and getting weaker. Now he wont stand up and is laying on his side. I think you are right it might have internal bleeding. There are no visible injuries only the one limp leg. I seen it get attacked by a nasty hen with babies

Back
Top Bottom