Injured birds

RanchWrk

Hatching
Jun 15, 2016
Hey All, I had an old rancher recommend Gatorade and a heat lamp for injured/ stress chickens and it has saved quite a few of our chickens and chicks. We have skunk, fox, and birds of prey as well as the neighborhood animals. Gatorade has helped with a huge variety of injuries and our birds (chickens, ducks, and geese) have survived some amazing injuring. We keep the dry stuff on hand, but have also been know to run to town just to pick it up.

Hey All,  I had an old rancher recommend Gatorade and a heat lamp for injured/ stress chickens and it has saved quite a few of our chickens and chicks.  We have skunk, fox, and birds of prey as well as the neighborhood animals.  Gatorade has helped with a huge variety of injuries and our birds (chickens, ducks, and geese) have  survived some amazing injuring.  We keep the dry stuff on hand, but have also been know to run to town just to pick it up.  

Welcome to BYC! I also use Gatorade if I'm out of Pedialyte, and there is an avian vet book that mentions giving it.

-Kathy

Hi,
Apple Cedar Vinegar and Oregano in the water supply seemed to do wonders for my severely injured chicken... a miracle she survived.
:) ~ HC

Back
Top Bottom