Injured/Broken leg?

Cregg McMuffin

Chirping
Mar 29, 2020
Minneapolis, MN
My Coop
My Coop
My wife and I came home Monday (2 days) ago to a severe limp in our female duck, Gilly. She was in the coop all day with three other ducks including one male (how they normally spend 1-2 days a week when we are gone). We think maybe the male injured her trying to get on top of her or something along those lines since they are completely safe in their coop.

No vets are seeing foul right now due to the Avian flu. She can't walk/put any pressure on her right leg, though she will stand for a bit and even try to hop on her left. Is there anything we should be doing other than keeping her safe and inside with us while she (hopefully) recovers? We are getting some pain meds today to help as well. Appreciate any advice!

Here is an older pic of Gilly standing on two healthy feet:
1649872145600.png

Last edited:
Rest just like you are giving her and some poultry vitamins [b complex is a good one because it promotes leg health]. Nice warm soaks in the tub even some Epsom salt water [if you can keep her from drinking it] But warm soaks help take pressure off the leg and can help with healing. She sure is a cutie.

Back
Top Bottom