Injured Chick

Lucky Chicks

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 18, 2015
Hi I just joined BYC. We have 8 old girls that are not laying too many eggs anymore, so we got 4- 16 week old chicks on Thursday to supplement the egg supply. The farmer who sold them to us was very rough with the chicks and picked each up by a wing and flung them into our cage. When we got home we realized one of them couldn't stand. We have kept her isolated and are feeding her greens, water and mash and checking her regularly. Today we noticed one of her ankles? is very swollen and she can't put weight on it. Is it broken or sprained? What should we do? Would taping it up help. She's not eating very much. Any suggestions welcome. Lucky Chicks

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
woot.gif

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home! Please start a thread in this forum and you will get a better response: Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures

Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

I'm sorry to hear about your injured chick!
hugs.gif
I would post in the Emergencies section for some good help.

What an awful person, glad you got some chicks away from him. He should be reported for animal cruelty. Hope your chick will be okay.

As a follow up to my post about my injured chick, after 15 days of isolation she is now able to stand slightly on the injured foot and has joined the rest of the girls . We let the others out to free range all afternoon and she stays in the coop. She seems very contented and hops around. Each day she adds more weight. The swelling has gone and it looks to be all good. Thanks for all the concern.

Back
Top Bottom