Injured Chicken maybe???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by JanetS, Jan 20, 2013.

1. JanetS

JanetS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    Last week a bobcat jumped over our fence and grabbed one of our chickens while they were free ranging.. We miss Nugget, but had thought all the other chickens were fine. This week our white leghorn (Athena) is acting a little different. If you touch her in her breast area she will holler at you and she doesn't want anything to come close to her. Our other leghorn is pecking at her too. We have looked at her as best as we can and didn't see anything wrong. No blood or sores. Could she maybe have been bruised? Or problems with her crop? She has been eating, drinking and laying like normal. Just grumpy. What should I look for? Any ideas?

Also we have not let them out of their run since the attack. They are not happy with this. We are expanding their run so they have more room but we are not done yet. No more free ranging.

2. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    I don't know what might be the issues your hen may have, but just wanted to say I'm sorry you had a bobcat attack! How scary! I'm sorry you lost a chicken. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by