1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Injured Comb / Crazy Girl

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kdwag, Mar 1, 2013.

1. kdwag

kdwag Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2012
    Northwest Ohio
    Went out to the run a while ago to find blood everywhere and one of my barred rock with what looked like a torn/bitten comb. Then my other barred rock was constantly attacking her everytime she walked by or was near her. I am assuming the crazy barred caused the injury. So, do I need to worry about anything else with that comb? I put some neosporin on it. It quit bleeding. It's still pretty cold here. My second issue is what's up with the crazy barred who is usually mild, calm sweet as can be, etc. Have no idea what to do with her or why she's acting this way. Any suggestions? She's not being mean to anyone else and she is what I would define the "top chick". THe one she attacked is usually 2nd in command but also very easy going.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by