Injured Comb

Jspartans26

Chirping
Oct 22, 2020
One of my Isa Browns has a minor injury on her comb that was bleeding yesterday. The other chickens were pecking at the injury, so we removed her last night. I have vetericyn poultry spray and anti peck lotion I will be putting on her tonight. My question is, when am I okay to put her back in with the rest of the flock? Thank you!

One of my Isa Browns has a minor injury on her comb that was bleeding yesterday. The other chickens were pecking at the injury, so we removed her last night. I have vetericyn poultry spray and anti peck lotion I will be putting on her tonight. My question is, when am I okay to put her back in with the rest of the flock? Thank you!
When the bright red blood is gone.

Put her back When you think she can take a peck and not reinjure. Keeping away to long will mess with pecking order as I am learning is more difficult than the comb injury we are going through as well. Ours was Major injury tho. Today is day 7 of her being inside. I let her out now to free range and bring her in at night. Think I’ll put her on roost late one night and be there early AM to monitor the dynamics. As of now, all interaction is monitored because she cant take a lot of peckin’ to the head without reinjury. Good luck my friend. I’m right there with ya. 🐓❤️

Back
Top Bottom