More questions on the dove I found injured Thurs at sundown, please. I found 2 rehabbers, but they're hours away and right now we can't even get across the bridge to get out of our valley till there's more sun/warmth. They agree that I'm doing the right things for her but wouldn't/couldn't tell me when it might be safe to release her if I can't get her to them. So here's the details. Any help is appreciated! I don't want to cause the little thing more grief, but don't want to put her out too soon either. Closing up my chicken coop Thur at sundown I saw her inside the chain link fence trying to get out. She must have been flying into the fence for some time as there is a silver dollar size wound on her breast, right around the crop area. No feathers, no skin. It was dripping blood as I carried her inside. She's since been in a plastic animal carrier with a low dish of water, hulled sunflower seed and chicken pellets. I sprayed the wound with colloidal silver right away and put a comfrey ointment on yesterday at sunup. There was just a small drop of blood on the white towel then. But she flapped around inside the carrier something awful once I let her go so that I'm hesitant to peek in and see how she's doing now, or try to add seeds, water. Our forecast is highs in 40's/20's for the next couple days, with rain possible Mon/Tue. One rehabber said its not safe to let her out till there's down covering the wound. Another felt she'd need to be in an outside aviary for awhile. Any idea how long till the feathers or down come in? If it's a couple days it seems like it would be easier on her to keep her here, then release her where she knows the other birds and the area, rather than try to drive her 3 hours away. If it's weeks, then the drive is probably better than living in my half bath in a carrier. Thanks for any advice, folks!!!