Ashley396

In the Brooder
Sep 4, 2019
One of my ducklings got his leg caught in some wire late last night/early this morning. He is drinking water but not eating. I moved him inside so the other ducks wouldn't get on his leg. He can't get up/stand up, of course. I'm not sure what I should do to help him. I'm not even sure if he will make it but I am doing everything I know to do to help him! Any advice is greatly appreciated! We do not have a vet anywhere near that will see a duck for care.

Attachments

• 20190904_215527.jpg
    20190904_215527.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 15
That looks awful! Poor thing!

Does he have any ability to move the leg/foot. This will help me determine if he lost circulation or got a bad bruise. I had the same happen to a baby chick the other day. I would get come vitamins and electrolytes in his water ASAP and maybe moisten the feed to encourage eating.

Let me know how he’s doing in the morning!
i realy hope thats blukote not a bruise

That looks awful! Poor thing!

Does he have any ability to move the leg/foot. This will help me determine if he lost circulation or got a bad bruise. I had the same happen to a baby chick the other day. I would get come vitamins and electrolytes in his water ASAP and maybe moisten the feed to encourage eating.

Let me know how he’s doing in the morning!

@katiebrock is right leg injuries take time. How bad was the wound? Can you get a close up of it? I’d def get some B complex for your little one it will help with healing and support weak muscles. You can pick up liquid b complex at TSC In the cattle dept. peel off the foil and use a dropper to pull out 1 ml daily for your little one. Actually all your duckling can have it if your feeding chick starter. They will need the niacin that the b complex has in it chick starter doesn’t have the amount ducklings need.

Back
Top Bottom