Injured Eye

monkeypolice

Hatching
Dec 26, 2016
One of my hens was pecked below her eye by a rooster.

The injured eye now has a bubble discharge and two lumps.

I am applying Vetericyn and Terramycin.

Let me know if you have any ideas what is happening and how to treat this.

Thanks!
[/IMG]

Does she have a scab at the beak as well? It's hard to tell.
Look inside her beak to make sure you see no lesions.

Continue to do as you have - flush the eye with saline and apply Vetericyn eye gel or Terramycin eye ointment to the eye.
Keep her warm and make sure she is eating/drinking.

I will check her beak for lesions, but I saw blood after the rooster pecked at her. That made me think it was an infection of the cut. But I dont know what to make of the bumps. There aren't multiple bumps like the pictures of pox, but there are two bumps near her eye and edge of her beak.

I will check her beak for lesions, but I saw blood after the rooster pecked at her. That made me think it was an infection of the cut. But I dont know what to make of the bumps. There aren't multiple bumps like the pictures of pox, but there are two bumps near her eye and edge of her beak.
It could just be infection from being pecked.

The ones around the eye, take great care not to disturb them too much, but you want to keep it somewhat clean and apply the ointment. The one on the beak, you can apply your ointment or try a little Iodine to see if it will dry up.

Just keep watch on it. If she is eating/drinking well, then hopefully she will recover soon.

Thank you so much for your attention. I am new to this and it is nice to have support taking care of my girls.

Back
Top Bottom