Injured foot - need assistance on care

Lndrsn78

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2021
Hello! New Member Laura

I have one of my girls that has had a broken foot that we hopefully healed over the past 6 weeks. Reintroducing her has not been successful with my other 5 hens. We notice an odd darkening on the previously injure foot but at first glanced looked dirty. This was Sunday. Now today looking at it and cleaning it, we are finding the scales to exposed and raw and a little bloody. This is very new to me so I was going to do an Epsom salt soak, treat it with antiseptic and wrap it. Is this the correct process for something like this?

Welcome to BYC. Can you post any pictures? Soaking and putting some plain antibiotic ointment or antiseptic on them would be okay. I would leave them open to air, and place her on a clean towel in a dog crate with food and water.

Welcome to BYC. Can you post any pictures? Soaking and putting some plain antibiotic ointment or antiseptic on them would be okay. I would leave them open to air, and place her on a clean towel in a dog crate with food and water.
I will try and get a pic...just headed to the store for provisions.

20210720_204340.jpg

Attachments

• 20210720_204333.jpg
    20210720_204333.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 1
She had a 20min soak and I sprayed some Vetericyn on it. It's the only thing my local pet store carried. I can go to IFA, Dallas Green, or Cal Ranch tomorrow for something else tomorrow. Do I wrap it? I'm keeping her in a crate tonight and probably tomorrow to watch it. Other than soaking it, what else can I use to clean it without irritated it...and her 😉😆

Now on day 7...final got it to start scabbing, come home to find it has came off. Now I have to start over. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20210727_172740.jpg
    20210727_172740.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom