Injured gosling, cut on chest from egg.

Morganfunnyfarm

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2021
I accidentally cut the gosling with it's shell while carrying it. (Long story) the baby is less than 2 days old. Keeps nibbling on wound which is located on it's stomach. I'm worried sick. How an I help it?

Attachments

• 20210720_054926.jpg
    20210720_054926.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 36
:welcome Depending upon the nature of the wound, I might be tempted to super glue it. Is the gosling eating and drinking?

:welcome Depending upon the nature of the wound, I might be tempted to super glue it. Is the gosling eating and drinking?
I've been giving it Save a Chick electrolytes and Probiotics in water, several times yesterday and Sunday night. I've crushed up some Multi-flock to see if it will eat. If you think Super glue will help I'll get some and take the gosling to work for an extra set of hands!! I had thought about New Skin, but that burns luke crazy!!

This is the longest it's slept, I was up with it till midnight then, I went to bed hoping for the best this morning. Should I let it sleep or wake it to pain? I don't have super glue, I'll need to discuss help from my coworkers. How long is it safe to let baby sleep? My work is 10 minutes away and they are lenient.

This is the longest it's slept, I was up with it till midnight then, I went to bed hoping for the best this morning. Should I let it sleep or wake it to pain? I don't have super glue, I'll need to discuss help from my coworkers. How long is it safe to let baby sleep? My work is 10 minutes away and they are lenient.

Back
Top Bottom