1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Injured Guinea

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by chris93263, Feb 27, 2014.

1. chris93263

chris93263 Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2013
    My puppy got a hold of one of my guineas. It looks to have peeled some of the skin off the back and don't see any damage to the muscle, and it gets around fine. I am thinking that I will get some animal disinfectant and spray it on there. I've heard of this but I haven't used it before. Should I do that or put it out of its misery ? [​IMG][/IMG]

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    is he eating and drinking ok? he doesnt look to be in misery to me. [​IMG] just try to keep it clean. bet he heals up fast. you could up his protein some. keep him in a warm and clean place for a while too. make sure the others cant get to him and peck the bad spot. they will giving the chance.

3. barredmuscovy

barredmuscovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2014
    I agree very much I had my dog tear up some guineas but not like that

4. chris93263

chris93263 Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2013
    I said misery because I could tell he was in pain. I made the mistake of leaving him in a coop with my injured Delaware hen while I went to the store to get disinfectant. By the time I got back, the hen had chewed him up so bad that he couldn't walk and his backbone was exposed. I had to put him down.

5. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG] aww, im sorry, stuff happens

6. barredmuscovy

barredmuscovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2014
    Aww that's sad I'm sorry

7. oweirdo

oweirdo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2014