Injured Hen

lissaleigh2652

In the Brooder
Aug 14, 2015
Southeast Kansas
Quick Question- One of my hens got out of the pen, and one of my puppies got ahold of her. He's done this before and actually killed one of them. The hen isn't bleeding or hurt that I can see physically, but its been about 20 minutes and she's still breathing really hard and she won't hardly move. I'm assuming its just shock? Is there anything I could do to make her less stressed? She's in the house with me right now so I can watch her and make sure shes not really hurt..

Quick Question- One of my hens got out of the pen, and one of my puppies got ahold of her. He's done this before and actually killed one of them. The hen isn't bleeding or hurt that I can see physically, but its been about 20 minutes and she's still breathing really hard and she won't hardly move. I'm assuming its just shock? Is there anything I could do to make her less stressed? She's in the house with me right now so I can watch her and make sure shes not really hurt..
She is probably in shock!
You will have to wait till she comes out of it.
Make sure the dog is nowhere in sight or she will get scared all over again.
Stay with her and comfort her.
To perk her up you can give her Apple Cider Vinegar
Hope this helps someone else may have a better answer

BCP

sad.png
sad.png
I think it was too much for her! She was doing better and then just now she spazzed and died. She was one of my favorites, such a sweetie, so sad..

Back
Top Bottom