injured left wing

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Telamon, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Telamon

Telamon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    I have no idea.
    one of my small barred rocks have been hurt by the king of the coop... her left wing is injured and she is walking slow... will it heal?

2. laceynoelle

laceynoelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    it might. Can you post a pic? Is it bloody? If so seperate her. Is it broken?

3. Telamon

May 31, 2010
    I have no idea.
    Quote:srry, my mom and dad don't like me wasting batteries on their camera, it's not bleeding, her left wing is sticking out of her body...

4. laceynoelle

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    Okay, lol i undrstand the parents thing. Okayy lets start eliminating things. Can you tell if its broken? Check another chicken's wing for referance if you have to. If its broken or dislocated thats an easy fix.

5. Telamon

May 31, 2010
    I have no idea.
    all my other barred rocks have no problems at all, the only one with an injured wing is the little one...

i have 18 barred rocks, 1 barred rock out of 18 barred rocks have broken wings... got that?

6. laceynoelle

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    Quote:yeessss i know. i said to check for referance if you needed it, not for more broken wings. okay. do you know how to set it?

7. Telamon

May 31, 2010
    I have no idea.
    no... do you know anyone who knows alot about chickens? can you PM them to help?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by