Injured leg??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jodym629, Jun 7, 2008.

1. jodym629

jodym629 New Egg

Jun 7, 2008
    UK
    Hi

My chickens were attacked by a fox this morning but I was quick to chase him away so he didn't get any, they were understandably frightened though....however one of the girls has a little problem with her leg afterwards, there is no sign of an injusy she just has some discomfort standing on it and sometimes her toes curl up when putting her foot down, she can put all of her weight on it though, does anyone have any ideas???

many thanks
    Jody

2. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    chickens have weak legs... the running and being chased probably caused some slight injury or strain. I would separate to limit her movement for a few days.

3. jodym629

jodym629 New Egg

Jun 7, 2008
    UK
    hi

thankyou sooo much for that, i haven't had them for long and would hate it if it was serious!!!

I normally let them out to run around the garden which I have done for some time now without any problems.....will need to get an enclosed run after this! thanks again!!

Jody:)

4. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    I would certainly get to work on thta asap before you end up having to make a sad post in the Pred and Pest section like so many others have...
    remember that predators will and do come after your birds in the middle of the day...even when you are out with them! So be prepared and remember that preds can be on the ground but also in the air!

5. jodym629

jodym629 New Egg

Jun 7, 2008
    UK
    oh yes definately!!! will be on the case ASAP!!! and will not let them in the garden unattended!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by