Back story: His mum was a terrible mother, she kicked him from the nest before he was fully out of the egg, the only reason I knew he was out was I thought "that is an odd poop for Buddy" (the horses stall they were using for the summer), and being worried about the horse, I touched this "poop" to inspect, only to find a very weak, near death duckling instead. That was 7.5 months ago. Then at the age of 4 months he wound up in a feed bag the rabbits had chewed a hole in (the rabbits are my bain of existence, if they can wreak havoc, oh boy do they). He got the woven strands around his neck and was "strangling" himself. Then again at the age of 6 months he found another way to "strangle" himself. Now at 7 and a half months old, those darned rabbits did it again, this time with a wool blanket. This drake must have some fetish with self asphyxiation or something, I swear! He did it again, and this time he didnt bounce back. Problem Now: I found him as he was "strangling" himself, and immediately brought him in the house, got him warm, got him water, bedded down our medical cage for him, as I expected to have him in the house for atleast 4 days. It will be 2 weeks on Friday, not that I mind. He drinks, boy does he drink, but he shakes his head and spits most of it out, the first few days I took the water away from him because I was worried about him drowning himself or getting it in his lungs (thats how much he had his face in the water). He started to self regulate his intake by the 5th day. I have put him in the bath tub and let him float around, which he perks up after, but he doesnt play in it, he drinks it and floats, I soaked him and he shakes it off a bit, but has no real interest in playing. He wanders about my kitchen, theres nothing he can get into. He is very slow, unsure of his steps, and when he coughs or flaps his wings he falls back, and almost darned near over. The red on his face is dull now, I expect its lack of vitamins, but his feathers are still luxuriously beautiful and shiny. He won't eat. I've tried mashes and mixes of honey and yogurt, a gruel type mash, his normal feed, the most expensive feed you can buy, greens and veggies, meal worms and crickets. He just will not eat, he has no interest in it. I brought his younger sister in since they are very bonded (similar situation with the hen, so they were hand raised until 3 months old), and she acts like shes trying to coax him into eating, drinking, and grooming, but he wants nothing to do with anything. She is still in here for company, I thought he might be depressed about being with his gang and then being in solitary. His chest is swollen like an impacted crop would be, but its soft and squishy and not hard (expected that since he only drinks), His chest almost hits the ground when he stands, and he is very front heavy, and he is uncomfortable if you pick him up, I thought maybe twisted intestines. He poops, but its always water with clear or green particles (again, expected since he has no food in his system, figure the green is from him eating some wet hay strands) I have thought about tubing him, but cannot find the resources to, and if its an obstruction or twist I dont want to put more pressure and make him more uncomfortable. There are no vets in my area willing to look at him, he is "just a duck" "livestock and cheap to replace" to them. Xrays, Ultrasounds, etc. are out of the question unless I can get my equine vet out and corner her and beg and plead her to do it. No one else in the coop is sick/off so it cant be viral, it has to be something to do with his fetish. He was with 2 other drakes, 6 duck hens, 5 chicken hens, 1 rooster and 2 rabbits, all of which are perfectly fine. Can anyone give me some ideas on what to look for, what to do or if maybe it may just be better to let him go? I want to try and save him since I've brought him back from death once already, and he was the first duckling born on the farm, but if it means a lifetime of pain, I would rather him be let go.