Injured Muscovy Drake

momsbugaboo

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 26, 2014
About three weeks ago my husband went to The ducks out of their run only to find blood and a male unable to use one leg. What we figured out is the two males got in a fight.Blood from Leonard losing a nail. Sheldon however is the one with the hurt leg. We brought him in the house and he sleeps in a dog crate. Ddaily baths...eats and drinks like normal...can't find any broken bones..no bumble foot..not hot or swollen...but seems to just hang there...when he stands his toes touch the ground but he won't even try to put weight on it. Yesterday he did try to scratch his head with it but that's it. He doesn't seem to be in any pain either...any susuggestions besides a vet which we don't have close...

Wow. I will think out loud. Bad pulled muscle, pinched nerve, spinal injury?

Epsom salt compresses entire leg twice a day after lukewarm bath deep enough to float in - no soap. Epsom salt is a laxative don't let him drink the solution.

I have used a tiny bit of Traumeel at bedtime for leg injuries.

Some pulls can take a long time to heal.

I cannot say I feel certain this is the trouble but it is what I can think of.

I will get the salt tomorrow and give it a try...I will check in and let you know how it is working...thank you

Sheldon is using his leg now but still has a limp....he has turned into a mommy's boy during this time...now he needs to get along with Leonard
IMG

Back
Top Bottom