Injured peachick

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rolandhornsby40, Jan 8, 2017.

1. rolandhornsby40

rolandhornsby40 New Egg

Jan 7, 2017
    Hi

Our peachick whom we are hand raising git caught accidentally in electric gate. His one foot got injured the middle toe is swollen and nail damaged another toe the nail came off. We have had him in mini bandages with ointment. Is there anything else we should do as without the bandage he picks at the foot and screams .

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC, but sorry that its not under happier circumstances that you join us. I'd suggest posting on the ER forum for the best help. Try to provide as much info as possible and photos, if you can. The link is - https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/threads/add/forumId/10

Good luck

CT

BTW - Sundays are a little quiet, so please don't be too despondent if members don't respond immediately.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome! Great to have you aboard but as CTKen said, sorry it is under these circumstances. You might also post in the Peafowl Forum here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/51/peafowl
    Best wishes to you and your chick!

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Hello [​IMG], so glad you have joined us.

But, so sorry about the injury and hope the peachick can heal up [​IMG].

Do post pics under the emergencies and hopefully you'll get some experienced advice . In the meantime, sounds like you are doing the right thing - keeping the painful toe bandaged. The lost nail may come back, I would be more worried about the swollen toe - it may be broken.

Was the power on the gate, are there also burns?

5. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

As already mentioned, the emergencies and peafowl forum will be the best places to find some assistance. So sorry to hear your bird was injured, hope he's better soon.

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Roland [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry to hear about your peachick. I do hope that you were able to get some assistance on the E&D thread and he is on the road to recovery.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I hope your injured peachick will have the best possible recovery.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by