Injured rooster please help

Chooky sue

Hatching
Nov 27, 2020
Hi my rooster has a very sore pussy saw on his leg he can hardly walk could someone please tell me how to treat it as we don't wanna have to put down our beautiful boy thanks

Attachments

• IMG20201128095739.jpg
    IMG20201128095739.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG20201128095740.jpg
    IMG20201128095740.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG20201128095707.jpg
    IMG20201128095707.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 7
Oh no, poor rooster.
Do you know what caused this?
Have you cleaned the wound?
I'm not quite sure what you mean as a "very sore pussy saw on his leg" can you clarify this for us?

Hi we think the cause was possible fighting with other rooster we we have cleaned it with warm salty water I think we are going to take him to vet as poor boy doesn't seem to be getting any better his sore has pus and can't walk properly he limos

I’d recommend separating him from the flock and cleaning the wound. Then put antibiotic cream on the wound. Make sure the antibiotic cream doesn’t have any “caine” type pain relievers like Lidocaine which are toxic for chickens. Taking him to the vet might be the best option but this should at least help.

I’d recommend separating him from the flock and cleaning the wound. Then put antibiotic cream on the wound. Make sure the antibiotic cream doesn’t have any “caine” type pain relievers like Lidocaine which are toxic for chickens. Taking him to the vet might be the best option but this should at least help.

Do you have iodine or chlorhexidene that you can clean the wound with? Then apply plain antibiotic ointment or cream twice a day after each cleaning. The vet may want to prescribe an antibiotic. Roosters will fight, so they may need to be separated.

I think all you have to do is clean the wound with Vetrycin, or any sterile cleanser solution. Separate him inside your house where it is warm. Slather the wound in Neosporin and DON"T WRAP IT. Keep this up and he should heal fine.

Back
Top Bottom