1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Injured rooster

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by TimCline, Apr 9, 2016.

1. TimCline

TimCline Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2016
    Inez, ky
    My black giant rooster has been fighting one of my game roosters through the fence. Sticking his head through the fence and getting beat up on. I let it go because I assumed he would learn to stay away from the games pen. So anyway his comb is turning purple and he sounds congested. I'm going to separate him into a sick pen by himself. Is there anything else I can do for him or just let him get better?[​IMG]

2. elizabethjg

elizabethjg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2016
    Texas
    Is it cold where you live? It may be turning purple from the cold. If its not cold, he may just be very very weak and tired. Give him a few days, and if hes not better, try and give his vitamins.

3. TimCline

TimCline Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2016
    Inez, ky
    It's cold. But I don't think it's that cold. I live in Kentucky. I'll try giving some save a chick or something.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  4. elizabethjg

elizabethjg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2016
    Texas
    Ya, the chicken vitamins can really help. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by