Injured serama chick.What to do?????

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kyrose, May 30, 2010.

1. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    hello,i have a serama chick about 4 weeks old.she was hatched with 3 silkies,so they have been in a cage together.i was going to seperate them when i got back intp town today.to late.my husband said he heard a comotion and went to check it out and found the serama on her back.he put her in a cage by herself with food and water.she cant get up on her feet.she kinda leans to one side.when i pick her up her feet curl up.shes eating and drinking and is very alert.she also sometimes falls over on her back and cant get up.i would appreciate any ideas.shes one of my favorite chicks.
    thanks

2. missychicky

missychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2009
    Milwuakie. OR
    the symtoms sound simaler to the time my americane hen brioke her toe. Check if all her toes move and don't move the way their supposed to. If thats not the case it may be a simple sprain. either way locate the problem and give her a cast so it can heal properly. Good luck!

3. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    Quote:her toes seem ok,im thinking it may be a spinal problem.or possibly a neurological problem,but i dont know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by