1. 6RandomBrownLayers

6RandomBrownLayers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2011
    Hi, My 15 week old pullet has some of her longer wing feathers sticking out. Its not just one. Maybe 5 or 6. I havent been a chicken person very long but this doesnt look right. I think she may have hit it on the side of the coop or heat lamp. I dont know if she broke it or if the feathers are just weird? She was poking at it and would lift her wing up but not stretch it out. Kind of like if you try to make your shoulder touch your ear and your armpit is exposed. Not sure if this is a broken wing or just messed up feathers. Any help or ideas are much appreciated. Will give more info if necessary. Thanks!

2. sherylreno

sherylreno Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Reno, Nevada
    Can you post pics of the wing so we can see it more clearly? It may just be rumpled feathers but just to make sure we should see it.

3. 6RandomBrownLayers

6RandomBrownLayers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2011
    Just went out to look and her feathers are back to normal. Guess I was just overreacted and got worried over nothing. [​IMG]

4. sherylreno

sherylreno Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Reno, Nevada
    No problem. You'll see that every so often. Usually if they have a damaged wing then you'll notice them trying to hide it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by