Injury help

Amontgomery61

Chirping
Oct 27, 2019
Our rooster lost three "toes" after fighting another rooster. Its been a couple days, we've been washing with warm water, drying, adding non medicated antibacterial ointment & bandaging his wounds. We noticed they are turning black, is this a sign of healing or something to be concerned about? We have no vets for chickens close.

Our rooster lost three "toes" after fighting another rooster. Its been a couple days, we've been washing with warm water, drying, adding non medicated antibacterial ointment & bandaging his wounds. We noticed they are turning black, is this a sign of healing or something to be concerned about? We have no vets for chickens close.
No, turning black is usually indicative of dead skin and is NOT good. I’m not sure if wrapping them is a good idea; the skin probably needs to breathe.

No, turning black is usually indicative of dead skin and is NOT good. I’m not sure if wrapping them is a good idea; the skin probably needs to breathe.
I get mixed replies. I was told to wrap it because its an open wound and walking around in poop will cause infection. It's so hard ugh

Photos would be great! 📷📹🎥📸 Thanks!

Photo Pictures GIF by The Godfather

Back
Top Bottom