Age-of-Goositude

Songster
Dec 4, 2017
Oregon
My geese do not get sick really so this is a mystery to me. Recently my boy George and little girl Regina have been jumping the fence, they are the only ones who do it. They are brown Chinese and this evening I noticed one of George's eyes has been squinty and I got a closer look the top of his eyelid had been damaged a little and there is goop in there and this eye is now blind it's dark as heck out or I would have gotten a photo, does this sound like an injury or disease to you? Should I have blood samples taken to see if he is ill or start cleaning it(oral gel for cats horses parrots cannot remember the brand right now) and giving antibiotics(Neosporin without pain relief)

If the eye is the only symptom, I wouldn't call it a disease yet. For now, rinse the eye out with a saline solution for eyes, and I would apply some terramycin ointment to help it to heal and knock out any infection. It's very possible he scratched it or poked it with something, and hopefully with some ointment it will be right as rain.

If other symptoms start to manifest, then we can think about it possibly being a disease.

If the eye is the only symptom, I wouldn't call it a disease yet. For now, rinse the eye out with a saline solution for eyes, and I would apply some terramycin ointment to help it to heal and knock out any infection. It's very possible he scratched it or poked it with something, and hopefully with some ointment it will be right as rain.

If other symptoms start to manifest, then we can think about it possibly being a disease.
Thank you <3 Will post updates

His eye is all normal now except for a pale blue maybe he is partially blind now? It had to of been an injury, his lady is doing swell also.

I never got the photo but he is healthy again I think he just needed to keep it clean. No blindness or anything, his girl loves him and supported him through it as well.

Back
Top Bottom