Insane cardinal thinks my chics are hers??

Oceanseve

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Guthrie, OK
Anyone have any info or experience with this? I got my chics thursday afternoon, then was gone the rest of the day.... friday morning this female cardinal starts throwing herself at my chicken window, which is right off the garage where the chics are..... It is now sunday, she has been at this for THREE DAYS!! I can't think of anything else that has changed since thursday except we got chics... I haven't seen any dead birds in the yard and I searched yesterday to see if maybe a cat got her nest - nothing..... Any idea on how to run her off other than the obvious, hubby is ready to shoot the thing.

Last edited:
you can cut out a black siloette (sp?) of a hawk and put it in the window that should deter any wild birds.
smile.png

K, I can do that, I just find it interesting the behavior coincided with me getting the chics..... We shall see if it works.....

we had a male cardinal last year that kept attacking *himself*. He would stand on the truck and see himself in the side view mirror, he never did get rid of that other bird
roll.png

I agree, it probably is her reflection.

Back
Top Bottom