Inside coop pics for Tennessee...

aimeeinwv

Songster
10 Years
Aug 8, 2009
Teays Valley, West Virginia
CluckingHenPalace005.jpg

Inside. Sorry, it's almost coop cleaning day. The house is a mess! I clean every Sunday :) We used limbs for roosts.. just a lil som'n natural for them.

CluckingHenPalace004.jpg

Temporary Nesting Boxes.. just in case! We have the back wall framed up for an exterior nesting box with lid/hatch for retrieving eggs. There will be 8 boxes.. 12 x 12" each, as you can see by the 2x4 frames. We made extra because we want to up our flock next year by at least double.

CluckingHenPalace003.jpg

CluckingHenPalace007.jpg

Here's the front side.. with all it's mess. The fence is for "dog" days. We leave them in the fence in the mornings now... to keep them from having to deal with neighbor's dogs which are usually out and about in the a.m. I asked my husband to stand in the pic to give an idea of size. He's just under 6' tall.

CluckingHenPalace006.jpg

The back where the nesting boxes will be. This is by the way the chickens pool. They love it on hot days!!! I stopped painting where the boxes go.

Hope these help!!

Looks like it will be nice when totally finished...

Always best to put nest boxes lower than the roosts... but you know that.

thumbsup.gif
Very nice!!! Love the color!!!! Post pics when you have the nestboxes please, I'd love to see them!!!!! Sounds like your chickens live at the Hen-Spa....soothing color, pool and all....
lau.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
For sure! We have all the roosts above the nests except the little "step up" roosts. None of them roost on them now that they are bigger. They just use them as steps..
lol.png
We removed a couple roosts that were just above the boxes, hate to think a poor lady would get poop'd on whilst trying to have her private egg moment!

The nesting boxes will be cut out right where the temp boxes are right now. They will be external, so that'll give them a little more privacy and make it easy for us to lift the hatch and get the eggs of course.

We are planning to insulate then put paneling over that for some winter warmth. It gets mighty cold here in the mountains.

Thanks for all the compliments!!

Aimee, thank you so much!! Hubby has a better idea of what he's doing now. Please tell your hubby we said thank you too! You were both kind enough to do this for us!

I saw your coop and I told hubby I wanted this for my LF Cochins. It's absolutely perfect for them!

You're the best!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSS

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom