Inside duck

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Brittanyluvsherduck, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Brittanyluvsherduck

Brittanyluvsherduck Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2011
    I have heard stories of people who were able to keep thier ducks inside, anyone have any ideas on how to make a duck diaper or something?

2. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

3. LemonDoodles

LemonDoodles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    Huntsville, AL
    I've been thinking of getting a couple. How do the ducks normally react to them? Unfortunately I waited and now they are over 3 months old. Are they really hard to get them on?

4. featherfinder

Quote:I didnt get mine for them till they were around 6-8 weeks. The first time they had them on they acted like they were trying to preen them off. I left them on for an hour and then tried again the next day for a little longer. They did the same thing, tried to preen them off but that only lasted for about 5 mins and then they were fine for the next few hours till i had to change the diaper. Now they dont mind them at all. They still try to preen them off for the first 5 mins or so but after that they could care less and are just happy to be walking around my place lol.

Edit- easy to get on to. Slip over the head, buckle around the tail and buckle the neck attaching to the tail across their back. I can post a pic of my duck wearing it if that would help you.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  5. LemonDoodles

Jul 6, 2011
    Huntsville, AL
    That would be great!

6. featherfinder

This is my lovely model Prince!!! lol

This is the front where it just slips over the head and goes under to the tail.
    [​IMG]

This is the back. There is a clip and velcrow that goes around the tail and the that piece runs up the back to connect to the neck part.
    [​IMG]

Then just a side view.
    [​IMG]

7. LemonDoodles

Jul 6, 2011
    Huntsville, AL
    I love it. Thank you. I may have to order some tonight.

And Prince is very very handsome!

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    My Muscovy duckling is just 6 weeks and she just started wearing her diaper harness in the evening. she doesn't mind it at all once I get it on her. She still comes in during the day but I just clean up with paper towels and oxine spray.
    I ordered mine from The Gooses Mother. [I had it the wrong way. ]

9. featherfinder

Quote:Thank you. He is my favorite and my friendlest. [​IMG]

10. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    I am waiting for several diapers from Nettie. She is having health issues and is taking medical leave for the month of august so she wont be making any more diapers until sept

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by