1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

inside our coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by MaureenL128, Oct 14, 2010.

1. MaureenL128

MaureenL128 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Our coop is on a cement slab. This past weekend we thought we would make it just a little more comfy for the girls during the winter, so we put down insulation board, plywood, then cheap lynolium flooring. Much easier clean up and warmer for the girls. Anyone else do the same??? check it out

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cindy99

cindy99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Tioga County PA
    That will be nice and easy to clean! [​IMG]

You have a very nice coop!

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Cozy lil' coop! [​IMG]

4. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    I have a dirt floor and a DH that won't talk about putting a real floor in.....but sure wish I had one!

Thanks for sharing...

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    looks nice inside! [​IMG]

6. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    Looks nice & cozy [​IMG]

7. Hottchick

Hottchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    Mine has a wood floor that I covered with linoleum also. It's great because when I clean out the wood shavings, the floor is spotless. I also put a scrap piece on top of my nesting boxes which serves as their poop board under their roost. I just cleaned the poop board a few minutes ago with cleaner with bleach and paper towels. Every morning I scrape poop off with an ice scraper for a car. It's really easy to keep clean.

8. mine has a wood floor also. Hubby came up with the idea of putting truck bed liner stuff on it for waterproof, etc. The roll on kind? RhinoLiner. It worked AWESOME!!!! I can clean my shavings out, sweep it out, and then hose it down with no problems. Its waterproof, bug proof, and gives them a little cushion too. I love it. Anything spills on it (Water, yogurt, poop, etc) it doenst rot the wood or their feet.

ANyone else try that yet?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  9. lovesrudy

lovesrudy New Egg

Jun 7, 2010
    Center Moriches, L I - NY
    ...my husband put linoleum in our coop at the get go almost two years back and it is a charm to clean - I can't imagine the stink and funk that would develop had we just left the plain wood floor of the coop!
    Lookin' great - your girls will be happy!

10. MaureenL128

MaureenL128 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    thanks for the love guys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by