Insomnia - California? Washington?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickiebaby, Jan 6, 2009.

1. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    I was counting on you left-coasters to be up and about at this ridiculous east-coast hour. I can't sleep because I start having a total anxiety attack about things I should have done differently. Totally beating myself up. Who cares what those things are right now. You know what I mean.

So I face facts: no way to sleep happily? I'll come downstairs, make some tea, and see what's happening with all the happy hens and rowdy roos of the west coast.

But where are you all? Asleep, with your nightcaps neatly tied under your chins, it would seem. Nothin left for me now but bothering the Australians , , and soon maybe the Europeans.. . . bwa-ha-ha!

2. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Not west coast but I am up for pretty much same reason, plus depressed about it being the anniversary of my moms death 8 yrs ago today. Maybe we both need some sleeping meds , lol

3. OrpingtonManor

OrpingtonManor Building the Castle

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    I'd go with chamomile tea. That's what I'm having, and it always makes me sleepy.

Sadly, that means this left-coaster is ready for bed.

Hope you feel better.

G'night

4. chickiebaby

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Hey, Wilowcol, so sorry about your sad anniversary. I am glad to know there's another light on somewhere at this hour.

I can see one streetlight, but the houses are dark. No light from the henhouse. Even the dog is asleep now, one paw straight up in the air. I thought at least *she'd* keep me company.

Glad you are out there.

5. chickiebaby

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Thanks, Orp, time for another cup. Sweet dreams.

6. willowcol

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Totally understand my dogs to have left me up alone, such light weights they are anymore. I do have a few eggs I thought might pip for me so I could tell myself I actually had a reason to be awake, but nope maybe they will hatch tomorrow.

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Arizona?

See I fall asleep and then I wake up. And then many times I'm up for the duration and my chairside gives me that look in the morning. "no sleep again, heh?"

Just one major root canal tomorrow...but sometime before 4 I'll fall asleep and then that stupid alarm will wake me up at 6:30.

Glad I'm taking the day off on Friday... but then I'm flying out of town... just as my broody is to start hatching... if she hatches at all. I'll put a box in my dog's pet cage and paper towels with a waterer and starter mash at one end and shavings for mama at the other end and leave it in the house so they can stay warm under mama.

And the little buggers that WERE giving me 12 and 13 eggs a day are now down to 4 & 5. Them's some expensive eggs!

I know it's cold, but it's not THAT cold and they have a light on from 6AM until 8PM...I'm thinking about changing that to 5AM to 7PM and see if that makes a difference.

NOTHING makes me fall asleep. I've tried it all. Not even counting sheep.

I've got some narcotics that I got for my bad back 4 days ago, but I'm not going to use them unless I'm really hurting... but they do knock me out... I'll save them, I may need them some desperate day.

8. willowcol

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    You are so lucky to be going on your trip Friday, I read it in another post Salt Lake City right? I would love to be able to go there. One day maybe, when the kids are grown and we have money, lol. Sorry to hear about your back also, hope it feels better soon. I have upper back and neck damage so understand the bone on bone pain you are feeling.

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    North Carolina?... that's like 3AM... you need to get some sleep kiddo!

Course, EC Linda is probably out doing chores about now.

10. FarmerDenise

FarmerDenise Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    Sonoma County
    Just checking on here one more time b4 going to bed. I've been having a hard time sleeping also, worrying about stuff I can't do anything about or I should have done some time ago or need to do. Except worrying doesn't get you anywhere anyhow. Well, I'm going to try sleeping anyhow. The dog has been warming up my pillow for me, now all I need to do is get her to move over and let me under the covers.
    Good night. Hope you all get some sleep!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by