Insomnia-phobia

equinehugger3

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 14, 2010
My mom has it, and now I do. Yay. I've gone without any sleep at all for like four nights. And school can be torture if you haven't slept in days... Lol, I'd know. Any suggestions on falling asleep easier? Lol thanks guys!!!

Hot bath, hot cup of CAFFEINE FREE tea. Anything that doesn't require your mind to do anything. NO reading, TV, etc.
wink.png

I'm not one to believe in better living through modern chemistry BUT Benedryl works wonders for me and it must be mild because the Dr. told me to take it while I was pregnant and Ped Dr said it was safe for infants. Jus one 25mg will let me sleep soundly but I wake thirsty!

Quote:
Thanks! I'll have to try that!! I'm nit very good about it; I read and BYC before bed...
hide.gif
lol

Quote:
Hmm! That sounds like I might work! Thanks!!

Just make sure you take it when you have a solid 8 hours to sleep. I feel like poo in the morning after I've taken it.
wink.png

Melatonin! It is a naturally occuring hormone in your body that helps with sleep. You can buy it over the counter at Walmart.

Having a set routine can help. Get good exercise during the day but not right before bed. Limit caffienated beverages. Drink water but limit fluids at least 2 hours before bed. White noise can help (playing a radio set at a classic station or talk or a fan going). Journal your thoughts before bed.

Talk with your doctor. Excessive lack of sleep can make you physically ill and it really can do a number on you mentally.

good luck...

I swear, SWEAR by the Yogi Bedtime tea. it comes with a little fortune on the tag, and I take 1 bag (2 if I'm desperate) and steep it in 4 cups of water... in a quart jar. I let it set 1/2 an hour, and then i drink it. it's kind of sweet, and mild and real nice. then, by the time I'm done, i am ready to sleep. it saved my life. really.

Back
Top Bottom