Inspection Day in Weymouth...UGH!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by SpottedCrow, Oct 5, 2008.

1. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I was just finishing making my lunch when the doorbell rings. DS opens it..."It's the Dog Catcher". Snap!!! I haven't vacuumed. There's chicken food on the floor, but I bite the bullet and let him in...He's writing up the slip and he's like how many and I say one. The other one got taken by a hawk...he's like sorry to hear that.
    I pickup Obelisk and tell her that Officer Curtin's here to see you...she promptly turns around and splorts down the front of my shirt...thanks...
    He gives me the copy and says seeya next year...around this time...
    There's 15 other people with "farm" animals that need to be inspected...I can't believe there's that many of us...

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Whats with the animal control inspections today? Is it national inspection day?

3. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    Glad you passed!

4. *NODS* I'm going to be sitting on pins for a couple of days here... This is my first year having chickens, are inspections a normal thing all over or what?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  5. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I think I missed something. Why are you getting inspected?

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Spotted Crow must have a permit to have chickens where she lives. That's what it's all about.

7. OHHHHH.... Whew! No permit needed where I am.

Sorry Spotted. Glad you passed though!!!

8. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Oh gosh, looks like a lot of people got surprised with an inspection today. I am so blessed not to have to deal with that bunch of crud. No one here tells me how many, what kind, or anything.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We are just waiting for ours. We have 7 too many chickens. [​IMG]

10. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Crossing fingers and feathers for all you poor folks who have to deal with inspection (Deb -- will the girls hide in the closet nicely?). So glad I'm in TX, where the law hasn't caught up with us chicken criminals yet. [​IMG] My worst problem is the dust, and it didn't come from the chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by