Inspirational people

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Fierlin1182, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Who are some inspirational people in your life and how have they helped you?
    There are some who pass on their experiences to me and help me get a better perspective on life.
    There are others who say things in such a way that they get you thinking in a big way.
    Even younger kids inspire me sometimes just to laugh things off, go out there and have a ball.

I like to think that I could be, in some way, helping someone in the same way, even though I'm not that old and wise yet. I like to think too much.

2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    I had an ex father-in-law that stepped in as a father figure when my step-father died. I was 38 at the time & my step was the only father I ever knew. It meant a lot to me that he was there for me. Sadly, he passed a few years after my step-father did.
    Also, Mamaw--the same ex-husband's grandmother. She taught me how to make gravy & homemade biscuits & was very wise. Loved her as if she was my own grandmother. Hurt a lot when she passed as well.

3. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    My husband, and too many ways to make a short post about them.

Beyond people that I just love for being them, people who make me happy just knowing they are in this world, some very nasty people have technically 'helped' me. That is, their actions helped shape who I am and how I think, and some of those changes have been as stark and helpful to me as those that came about from very sweet people. Of course, I can't give them much credit for being a teacher, as that was never their intent.

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    That's a tough one for me....Life has been hard. I think I am inspired by kindness, though. My ex-husband's grandmother was a wonderful lady...RIP Sito. My son, Joe inspires me....He's the nicest, sweetest 18 year old I've ever known! God love him!

I guess that wasn't so hard.....I think people who have been abused, or lived a hard life, who have the strength to rise above it and not repeat the cycle are inspiring.....And kind people......Definitely kind people.....

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    My wife - in so many ways she shows me that I am good enough. She knows more of me than anyone else, and still she loves me.

Bert - as a 'lost kid' he showed me the way.

Carl - he never knew that he was my 'father' figure. He taught me how a "Dad" operates.

Ranger - he put me on the path to sobriety.

Bert, Carl and Ranger have all died, but before doing so they showed me how to live. The Princess has graced my life for 48+ years, 47 as my wife.

6. Fierlin1182

Aug 26, 2011
    Wow, it seems a lot of people have sure left their mark in others' lives. [​IMG]
    I agree with Punk, in a way those who hurt us also help us to become better people in their own way...
    I hope one day to have a great family of my own, like all of you. [​IMG]

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    My departed Grandmother, Emily. Old fashioned, loved gardening and chickens. Walked to the supermarket every day. Lived in 100 year old house, depression glass. Antiques. She said I was the only family member who didn't bring a poor mood with me visiting.

I guess she's inspirational because thru my life I have found real fulfilling hobbies and things I like to do, and then realize that my grandmother had liked them too!

I think about her the most, she was old-fashioned, but she has inspired my likes and my lifestyle the most. She was simple. I could go on for a whole page.............

8. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    My husband is my inspiration. We laugh every day, and he taught me years ago to get over myself, and just enjoy. And not to let what people think of me bother me. And if I am not treated well by my family, he has taught me that they are not worth the hassle the provide. And it's the truth!

9. Fierlin1182

Aug 26, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG] Some good advice from him!

10. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    ray's two cents :

Quote:[​IMG] Some good advice from him!

And he's just so dang cute!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by