Inspriational Quotes Thread...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Poulets De Cajun, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I've been feeling rather negative lately, and thats not where I want to be, as I've worked hard to get away from that.

So Here is the inspirational quotes thread. Post your favorite inspirational quote with author name if available, and refer back to this thread any time you need a little 'lift.'

"The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others." ~ Solomon Ibn Gabriol

"We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Always think like a duck. Calm and collected on the top, and paddling like crazy underneath.

3. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

"Debt is dumb cash is king and the paid off mortgage has taken the place of the BMW as the status symbol of choice". Dave Ramsey
    ''If you live like no one else, later you get to live like no one else'' Dave Ramsey
    ''Act your wage'' Dave Ramsey I could go ooooonnnnnn and ooooonnnnnn and ooonnnnnnn I just have to rembeber them [​IMG]

4. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    When life gives you lemons, grab the salt, the (libation of choice) and call me!

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    "You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it

--Dr. Adrian Rogers

6. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOOO HOOOOO what a ride!'
    I believe there's a BYCer who has this in their signature. I couldn't agree more!

7. PunkerTechnoRoo?ter

PunkerTechnoRoo?ter Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Georgia
    The only thing that ever sat its way to success was a hen. - Sarah Brown

8. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Be who you are not who people want you to be-

Live life like its your last day on earth-

Never regret somthing you loved because there was a reason you loved it-

Life will throw at you many different turns and tumbles brace yourself and turn with life and tumble with its dissmays.

(Have not a clue who these quotes came from but I wrote them down along time ago when I lost my father and they helped me through so awful times.)

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. Albert Einstein

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by