INSTANT flock of Black Copper Marans --GREAT business opportunity-- PICKUP in TX

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by crazy4eggsJulie, Feb 26, 2012.

1. crazy4eggsJulie

crazy4eggsJulie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    We've run a successful business breeding and selling chickens for the past 4 years on acreage in our country subdivision but we recently got a complaint on the noise of the roosters crowing and our Home Owner's Association says they have to go.

So, sadly, we are selling our 3 flocks. (Black Copper Marans, Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana, and our "pet" flock of various ornamental birds)

This listing is for the Wade Jean Black Copper Marans. We have a pen of 10 Black Copper Marans laying hens and 3 BC Marans roosters and 1 black Ameraucana (The single Ameraucana lays a blue egg now. When she is crossed with the Marans roos, their offspring lay OLIVE colored eggs! TOO COOL!)

One of the Marans laying hens has begun to molt, so her back is bare. One is broody and will sit on any eggs you can give her to hatch out babies. Right now, we are averaging approximately 6-8 eggs a day from the 11 mature hens. We sell the day-olds that hatch here on backyard chickens for $5 a piece in groups of 20 and hatching eggs for $30 a dozen and we make a minimum of $100 a week/$400 a month off of them. This would be a great business opportunity-as this breed and bloodline is very sought after and you could easily charge more for them if you'd like.

I will also be listing our awesome cabinet incubator, and the shipping supplies I have left after I ship the last of the chicks that hatch out from the incubator.

Also included in this sale are 7 black copper Marans pullets. They have been housed separately in a grow out pen. One was attacked by a chicken hawk a few weeks ago and has some damage to her face but is otherwise fine. They are a few month old and will be laying too within the next 2-3 months or so.

Our Black Copper Marans are of the infamous Wade Jean C1 bloodlines which yield the nice terra cotta colored eggs. This is one of the top and most sought after US bloodlines for Marans. Some of our eggs are solid, some appear to be "painted," and some are speckled. Our flock is closed, so these birds have never been exposed to any other Marans bloodlines.

This stock truly has a gentle temperament. My kids can even handle the roosters.

Feathering on the shanks meets the French Standard, not too heavy, not light, but moderate. Perfect for a breeding program, personal pets, and to add those beautiful and SUPER FUN dark shades to your egg basket! The kids will LOVE them!

My flocks have been tested and approved by the Texas Pullorum-Typhoid Program and are clean.

We do not have a vehicle large enough to transport these birds, so they will need to be picked up at our home in Lake Jackson,TX (about an hour south of Houston) on a Wednesday or Sunday when we are off from work. Please feel free to private message or email with any questions.

These are incredible, HEALTHY birds! You will not be disappointed.

2. crazy4eggsJulie

crazy4eggsJulie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    This flock sold here, somewhat locally. Thanks!

3. AaronPerkins

AaronPerkins New Egg

Apr 1, 2015
    Hello...do you still have your birds? The marans?

4. AaronPerkins

AaronPerkins New Egg

Apr 1, 2015
    Nm. just saw they've sold. thx!

5. DandKatMorans

DandKatMorans New Egg

Jan 1, 2016
    San Antonio, Texas
    I LIVE IN TEXAS AND I AM INTERESTED IN YOUR BLACK COOPER MARANS. NOT SURE ABOUT THE BUSINESS BUT ITS INTERESTING. DO YOU STILL HAVE THEM AND WHAT ARE YOU ASKING FOR THEM. I MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN THE INCUBATOR AS WELL.
    I RETURN HOME FROM A WEDDING ON TUESDAY AND WANT TO SECURE MY CHICKENS SOON. PICKING THEM UP IS NO PROBLEM.
    I AWAIT YOUR RESPONSE.
    THANKS,
    DAVID

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by