Instead Of A Boy And His Dog.....A Boy And His Duck.........(PIC)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by FunnyBunnies12, Nov 12, 2010.

1. FunnyBunnies12

FunnyBunnies12 Chillin' With My Peeps

A boy and his duck, what a BEAUTIFUL thing!

[​IMG]
    Pablo is already getting a tiny drake tail at 4wks old!

[​IMG]

My boys love the younger 7 ducklings, but they are so super attached and bonded to these two, but of course they are the ones they got to see being born 1st before the 7, so the bond was already establish. I just LOVE and ADORE watching my boys with the ducks. They aren't even this way to our dog. I just absolutely LOVE this!!

2. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Awww, how cute! [​IMG] What a sweet bond! Your kids will be so thankful when they're older that they were raised with such a close relationship to animals, I think. (I know I have been thankful for being raised around animals.)

3. Blondiega1

Blondiega1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Dallas, Ga.
    How sweet!

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Nice photos...Its great to have pics of the kids with the special animals in their lives- not just sports...family and school ones.

Quote:I know I am thankfull I was raised on a farm- I only wish I could have provided the same kind of upbringing for my own daughter. She has a friend who is not allowed pets, she loves coming over and seeing the ducks and the ducklings when they are hatching. I have joked about getting her some sea monkeys..but she is not allowed even to have them. [​IMG]

I think having animals and having to help with the responsibilty and care of them is important for children to experience.

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Neat picture! Flashback, 65 years ago I spent a Summer with Donald (not very original) a Pekin duckling. When he suddenly disappeared, my miserable sister told me that my father had killed him and we had eaten him for Sunday dinner. Never found out the truth until we were sitting around at Dad's wake. Donald had gotten hit by a car and they hid that fact from me to "protect" me. Karma has bitten that b++++ in the butt.

6. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Quote:I just don't get when people hold back the truth "to protect" someone else as in this case [​IMG]. Personally, I think if you had known the truth about Donald being hit by a car it would have been much less stressful than the story your very kind sister told you. Yep, I had two older kinder sisters just like yours was when we were kids. They're not "quite" as bad now that we're all middle aged but they were horrid as kids.

My sympathies...

7. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Quote:I don't think it would be out of line for you to get her the sea monkeys and keep them at your house, do you? She could have some of the responsibility of "taking care" of an animal and her parents wouldn't have the "hassle" (I'm assuming this is why they won't let her have pets) of caring for a pet in their house... IDK, just thinking...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I think having animals and having to help with the responsibilty and care of them is important for children to experience.

I totally agree. Even if it is a goldfish or a hamster.

Practicing on the animals BEFORE you have a real live baby is just a good idea in general.​

9. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Being able to have pets is one of the highlights of growing up.. I'm lucky I was able to have hamsters, rats, mice, guinea pigs, cats. Grandma Lester got us ducks one Easter when we were really little.. I don't remember much about them jus tthat they ended up growing to be big and white. LOL.. wish I had been a little older when she gave them to us.. I'd of been hooked on them then.. Dad was raised on farm..
    I have my ducks now though!!!!
    Don't like fish as can't pet them LOL.. I have to have pets around.. even now at 54. They make the life so much more fun!!!!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  10. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    If she likes ducks you could give her one of the ducklings just keep it at your house...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by