Insulated water bottles?

RedRider250x

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013
Hey all, I have a really weird question I guess you could say lol..
Well I live in the Valley of California and our summers get hotter than anything I could ever imagine, I'm talking 110* for a week at a time. Recently I've been looking around for an insulated water bottle for my rabbit to keep her water cool during the day but I haven't been able to find anything like it online or at my local petstore.
Does anybody have any idea if these even exist, or how I could even make one myself?

Hey all, I have a really weird question I guess you could say lol..

Well I live in the Valley of California and our summers get hotter than anything I could ever imagine, I'm talking 110* for a week at a time. Recently I've been looking around for an insulated water bottle for my rabbit to keep her water cool during the day but I haven't been able to find anything like it online or at my local petstore.
Does anybody have any idea if these even exist, or how I could even make one myself?
p
Take plastic water bottles, and freeze them.
In the morning put one in, check a few hours later, if it has cooled off put a new one in and keep refilling and freezing the waterbottles

Yes we do that to keep her cool, but I'm talking about her water bottle she drinks out of. I have work and can't be there 24\7 to continuously swap out her water all day

Yes we do that to keep her cool, but I'm talking about her water bottle she drinks out of. I have work and can't be there 24\7 to continuously swap out her water all day

Ok. Have you tried putting ice in it instead?

I find that just using a metal water dish actually keeps water colder then a water bottle does.
Maybe build a box with a lid on top, fill the box with wood chips maybe.

Back
Top Bottom