Insurance, Doctors..etc (per Troll.. ha ha!)

HennysMom

Keeper of the Tiara
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Somewhere Over the Rainbow, VA
At your insistance
gig.gif
and request....

And I get what you're saying about med "costs" - oh trust me, I sooooo get it! Its disgusting when there are patents on everything, yet I can look at Wally World, Kroger, over the border to Canada and I see $4.00 30-day supplies, $12.00 90-day supplies - or even less for name brand medications (same companies mind you) that can be purchased over-the-border or in other countries, yet not here - for a TON less money, yet they are the exact same thing.

Yeah buddy I'm with ya - standing right next to ya as a matter of fact!

Last edited:
I work for a company that provides free medication for people without insurance. We are in TN, but trying to expand into other states. Send me an email and I'll give you the website.

My DD has chronic asthma. Her first inhaler was $96. insurance didn't cover much of the new med. Now, with co-pay, her inhaler is $10. Her albuterol is $10. Her nebulizer meds are $10. Her emergency inhaler is $10. I am VERY grateful to Walmart for their commitment to low cost meds.

riley - thanks for the info, I'm sure it will help someone out here
smile.png
. I have insurance but my meds are still very costly no matter what.

Debi - I hear ya! Unfortunately I cant switch back and forth on mine. My copays are 10, 20, 35 or 20%. Most of my meds are the $35.00 or 20% (yeah, they get you on that part majorily too).

I do use the mail order program so I do save there (pay for 2 months get 1 month free basically) but still, when your copays are $70.00 per rx or 20% of the total cost of the med - for that 2 month supply...ouch.

Quote:
I just kept going back to my Dr for alternates until we found some that either generic or covered for my basic co-pay of $15. I couldn't afford any other way.

oh I know how you feel. the asthma inhalers i am on are outrageous. thank goodness for mail order. i get a break and my dr. gives me samples. i just call and see if they have any or not!

i have worked in 3 different dr. clinics and see how drug reps do. the drs. get such good "incentives" for writing certain drugs!
example:

trips all paid
tickets to things
even furniture and applicances for there practice

that is just some i can think of off the top of my head

makes just plain sick and mad
hmm.png

Wendy

see, thats the thing I think should be done away with - those "perks" from big pharma! ugh!

I hate it when I go see my doctor and he pushes a new med on me. I absolutely REFUSE to try any medication that has not been on the market for at least 3 years to at least have some sort of "track record" of sorts. But nooooo - its "lets try this new med, its the wonder med of the world"
roll.png

Okay........and just what perk / kickback did you get for pushing that doc? hmm? No mind for the patient, doesnt matter that I am allergic to that class of drug, I'm just told "ohhh no worries, this is the "new and improved" class, and there are no reactions such as what you had in the past"
hmm.png
Sure it is Doc - and when I say "no thank you, I'll stick to my old medication, just please increase the amount and we'll be good" I hear that I'm being difficult and I must try this new med or you'll cut me off of my med completely! So then what do you do....? Whatever happend to "First do no harm"

Anyone else have this issue? I'm sure you have...it cant be just me.

Back
Top Bottom