integrated my flock today!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by kevlar, Sep 20, 2011.

1. kevlar

kevlar Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2011
    I just got a bunch of new pullets and a cockerel on Saturday and I had all of the new girls and the roo in one half of my coop together for the last 3 1/2 days. Today when I got home from work I decided to take down the the divider and let them start to get to know each other and establish the new pecking order. I was quite happy to see it all seems to be going pretty well so far, no one is getting pecked on to bad and they all have enough room to get away from each other if they are being chased etc. My boy are having a great time watching them all chase each other flap their wings at each other etc. I am now happy with the amount of birds and variety I have, my wife will be happy about this too I'm sure.

My flock now consists of, 2 Buff Brama's, 2 Lavender Orpington's, 2 EE's, 2 Isa Browns, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 salmon faverol, 1 Blue Wheton Amerucana, 1 Silver Penciled Wyandotte, 1 Blue Cochin, and 1 Porcelain D'uccle rooster.

That brings it up to 14 total and I think I'm going to keep it at that.

2. flitter

flitter Chillin' With My Peeps

That's quite a mix of chickens! Hope your integrating continues to go smoothly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by