Integrating chicks to other chicks

Farmlife16

Songster
Aug 12, 2021
I am thinking about adding a few more chicks to my flock. Right now I have 4 week old chicks that are totally off heat and outside all day. How would I go about integrating the new chicks with them? The new chicks would need heat for a couple of weeks, but would it be hard to integrate them with the older ones once they are ready?
Thanks!

I am thinking about adding a few more chicks to my flock. Right now I have 4 week old chicks that are totally off heat and outside all day. How would I go about integrating the new chicks with them? The new chicks would need heat for a couple of weeks, but would it be hard to integrate them with the older ones once they are ready?
Thanks!
When your new chicks are off heat them u can try to add them in, just make sure the around the same size as your older ones.

Once the younger ones are off heat, I'd do see but don't touch for a few days, and if both sides seem fine with each other, they can probably intermingle without too much difficulty, as chicks don't have the same sort of pecking order that older birds would. Do make sure to have multiple feeders available as food may be the one thing they'd fight over.

Back
Top Bottom