integrating meat birds into flock?

CDennis

Songster
10 Years
Apr 1, 2009
Idaho
My red broilers are almost 8 weeks old and the hassle of having them in a tractor during the winter is getting to me. They seem like very hardy little bugger and nobody is sick. Has anyone had luck just running their meat birds with the rest of their free range flock?

Some people say they don't like to and have their reasons. I run mine together unless I notice a problem, the only ones I keep seperate from the start are CX. If you only feed a set amount you might wind up with the RB hogging the feed, just watch and you'll know if it's a problem.

I tried, even the OEGB picked on my 6 week old broilers! So they are hanging with their own kind again. Thanks for the reply.

i free range all my birds together (layers and freedom rangers)... and there are no issues. granted, i do have like 100 meat birds at a time so they do have strength in numbers.

my hens can be kinda mean to my meat birds, until the meat roos figure out they can lay the smack down
cool.png

like katy said... CX i might not (but have in the past and others do with success).. but with the colored range birds.. i see no issues other than their grow out time is probably extended a couple weeks due to all the exploring they do

Back
Top Bottom