Integrating newbies one of which is BOSSY!

ShellyLynnW

Chirping
Sep 1, 2017
Hello, so I have a flock of ten beautiful sweet free range Leghorns. Truly Sweet girls! They are extraordinary, even have one that's broody on me, but sweet :)
But, I lost my precious Silkie Lucy. It was so awful! I can't get over it, so I picked up three MUCH smaller, but same color/attitude/look white Silkie's. These are very small compared to my Lucy, and they came with a bantam Cochin/silkie mix. She's beautiful, but bossy! I haven't integrated them all together yet, since when I put some Leghorns in with the silkies, the Cochin/Silkie even bossed them around and had everyone to a corner!? I finally put the C/S alone for a bit right now, a "time out" if you will. But I'd like to know if there's a long term solution? (No culling please, I cannot!)
Also, I've mentioned this before, but I'm desperate for purebred Maremma's. I did get a lead, and I'm hoping to save up enough for next spring, but it's quite a bit of money, and that's a long time to wait when I'm up every night every couple hours on predator watch, and will barely leave the house during the day! Thank you for advice on any of this! Thanks for the site! Three 3 zero- 3 one 0- one zero 7 zero is my number if anyone knows what I can do for a reasonable dog that will be spoiled , but have work!

Back
Top Bottom