Integration

Brooklynfarmer

Chirping
Jul 22, 2020
Brooklyn NY
I have 4 chicken, 2 are 20 weeks and 2 are 18 weeks, currently they live in separate coops but the coops are attached to the same run (pic below), so when the doors open in the morning they are together. The first two I raised from chicks, the other two I introduced about 3 months ago, they still challenge each other while they are in the run or out in the yard. I want to build a coop they can all live in which will give them more room in the run, but I am afraid I will do all the work and the two non aggressive chickens will not go in, or they will not be allowed in, any suggestions?
IMG_0012 (1).JPG
IMG_0880 (2).JPG

I want to build a coop they can all live in which will give them more room in the run, but I am afraid I will do all the work and the two non aggressive chickens will not go in, or they will not be allowed in, any suggestions?
A new coop will be neutral territory, so they will be more likely to share.
It's actually an integration technique to put them all in a new coop at the same time.
Will you have a new run too?

You might try splitting up the pairs.... but on further consideration, I think they will all start laying soon, and once they do, they often become one flock. I think shortly, you will be over the worst of it, and then if you put them all together in a strange place to all of them, it should be pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom